Sunday, March 11, 2012

Days 2-8


I'm alive! I promise! It's been a week and I haven't gotten sea-sick yet! WooHOO!

Just very busy.  They day I got on the ship was halfway between confused and disorganized.  I met my new crew,  and they met their new crew member.  Ace, Nonoy, and the Ninjas.  All together a really awesome crew.   Ace is the Entertainment Technical Manager (my direct supervisor), as well as lighting technician.  Nonoy is our ASM, and the four Ninjas are our Stage Crew.  The theatre is small, but it's well equipped audio and lighting wise, no fly-rail system though. I'll post a picture or two later when I have a few decent pictures taken.

I've been working quite a bit.  Lots of hours spent in the theatre and doing maintenance.  We have 2 corporate supervisors on-board with us so we're tackling a lot of projects.  Installed new speakers on our Lido deck, and other miscellaneous maintenance.  I've been babysitting the sound system in lots of guest lectures and talks this week. probably at least 3 a day.  As well as an hour rehearsal every day at noon for our evening shows at 7 and 9.  I've already done about 14 shows,  we run 5 production shows throughout the cruise and guest entertainers or local talent from wherever we are every night we don't have production shows.  So far we have had Dale Kristien - a singer from Phantom of the Opera,  Rafael, a solo violinist who played a lot of Bond music with the HALcats (our house band) and Scottie Mclain a superbly funny scottish comedian.

My room is small but more than enough for one person to sleep in. It has a double bed, desk, and closet.  The bathroom is proportional to the room,  with enough room to walk in and pivot left to the shower, straight to the toilet and to the right for the sink.  But it's alright, I'm rarely in my room for more than a few hours to sleep.

As an "officer" on the ship ( i have 2 stripes ) I get to dine in the Lido Buffet, which serves gourmet food during it's operating times.  It's so much better than the Res Hall food I've had for the past 4.5 years.
Deserts are the dangerous part.

I'm sitting in a Jamba Juice in Honolulu Hawaii at the moment.  This is the first full day I've had off.  Tomorrow we will be in Nawiliwili, however I will be on the ship doing maintenance work in our "crows nest"

I am going to go experience Waikiki Beach.

A Hui Hou!



No comments:

Post a Comment