Saturday, April 14, 2012

Toucans, Monkeys, Coffee and Secret Service... Oh My. . .

Cartegena, Columbia

Day. . . um. . . yeah. . . 

I'm going to tell you about life in once sentence blurbs this time...
Well here we sit in port in Columbia. 
Went through the Panama Canal yesterday, that was really cool.
I'll put pictures up on facebook on the 17th when I get to Ft. Lauderdale. 
Summit of the Americas is happening today here. 
Thats why I didn't go into town. 
President Obama is here. 
Lots of security everywhere. 
Supposedly would take 2 hours to get into town. 
Not worth it. 
Secret service everywhere. 
Sitting here with internet outside the ship is good enough for me. 
Saw monkeys, macaws, and got a foot away from a wild tucan. 
That was really cool too. 
Pictures to come on facebook.
Now drinking Club Colombia cerveza premium and using the internet.    
It's tasty. 
Yes... the beer... and the internet. 
This job is probably about the coolest thing ever at this point in my life. 
I'm getting to see the world.
And getting paid to do it. 
Pictures to come. 
I don't have to do all sorts of random work around the ship that doesn't fall under my job. 
No scrubbing the decks for me. 
*smiley face*
Bought lots of coffee to send home. 
Lots of coffee
It's not too expensive. 
And flat rate boxes make it even cheaper to ship.
Feel free to drink it family. 
Just save me some of the Strong or "Fuerte" brews. 
They are whole bean. 
Lauren can you take them to work and grind them?
KThanks. 

I think that is all I have to say. 
I'll update again in a few days when I hit Ft. Lauderdale. 
Have a good one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment